Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Trail Around Wise Lake

  1. #1
    Inactive Member LCAS_712's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2006
    Location
    Coeburn VA / Harrogate TN
    Posts
    977
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Trail Around Wise Lake

    Does anyone know if the trail at wise lake goes all the way around it and if it does how good of condtion is it in. Ive been wanting to mountain bike up there but I wanted to know more about the trail.
    [img]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/cfd_1623/l_718884585b96167d3016bd636fbe24c0.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Trail Around Wise Lake

    I was told it's a good trail. I thought about hiking it one day. I dont think its that long. If there is no blow downs should be able to get a bike around it pretty easy.
    GO VOLS

  3. #3
    Inactive Member LCAS_712's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2006
    Location
    Coeburn VA / Harrogate TN
    Posts
    977
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Trail Around Wise Lake

    Thanks for the info. Ill take me a small hand saw back there with me to clear it out somewhat to make it passable if there is any laydowns. I would like to see someone take the initiative (I will def. help them) to start maybe making a nice trail system up there and bark camp for hiking and biking. It would be a nice thing to have for people and I think people would use it if it was well maintained. I love the area around wise lake, but that would def. make it better.
    [img]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/cfd_1623/l_718884585b96167d3016bd636fbe24c0.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Trail Around Wise Lake

    Bark Camp has a trail all the way around the lake. Recently cleared and improved.

    I am not aware of a trail all the way around Wise Reservoir. I know for sure that there is no defined trail on the north side of the lake. There isn't much of a trail on the south side from the boat ramp to the fork.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •